I've been extraordinarily lucky: Traveling to more than 50 countries, guiding for 10 years in Alaska and Oregon, living in Central Asia and experiencing quite a bit along the way. All while managing to develop a few good stories. In between teaching, a 2 year old and a wife in grad school - I also started a new direction by starting a career in art. Here is art, travels and other aspects of my life.

Everest panorama

Everest panorama

Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Hells Canyon Photos

Hitting the gut on Wild Sheep Rapids. With nearly 30,000 cfs we could take a new line on the far right. (Unheard of at most flows). We were the sacrificial lambs, but we hammered through it. 
This photo does not do the drop justice. It is truly like a roller coaster. In a 16 foot boat, it does not take on the magnitude it really is. Enough it can flip an 18 foot boat, no problem. 
Lots of laughs in camp. One of the great things about rafting. 
No offense Amy, but Goose is a great fishing companion. He has more patience than just about anyone or anything I fish with. I headed in for a beer and he stayed, looking for rises. He actually loves the rise. He will bark or go out and try to find the fish when it rises. 
Old Goose keeping an eye out for fish. He stayed in the water so long looking for fish he actually got sick from being exhausted and swallowing so much water.